SOUTH BAY CHAPTER
March Meeting: (2nd Tuesday)
Date: Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Time: 7:30 pm 7:00 pm
Location: Kawai America
2055 E. University Dr., Dominguez Hills
Welcome to the chapter, new members Richard Lin & Ryan Ellison!
Our February program was presented by Randy Woltz, who related his trip to Russia for the 5-day European Piano Congress (Europiano Congress.) His classes included History of the Sostenuto, Repair of Soundboard, Construction of a Modern Grand Piano, Piano Playing Posture, Overview of the Toning (Voicing) Process, etc. His travels of the city included the Moscow Conservatory, the Kremlin, Red Square, a cruise on the river, etc. After the conference, Randy took the bullet train to St. Petersburg. We're glad you had a great time, Randy, and appreciate you sharing it with us.
The March meeting will feature our very own Bruce Stevens who will give us an abbreviated preview of the Wessell, Nickel & Gross Damper Action class he is presenting at the upcoming WestPac Conference in Seattle.
Bruce will cover the following:
• The tools you will need to install a WNG Damper Action.
• How to tell if the WNG Damper Action will go into your piano.
• How to select the correct parts options.
• How to prepare a scale stick for the correct damper action measurements.
• How to easily drill and tap the rails.
• How to assemble the damper action.
• Procedure for installation into the piano.
• Tips for installation in Steinway grand pianos.