LOS ANGELES CHAPTER
No Meeting in January
There will be no meeting in January so all PTG members who registered for the special gift from PTG and PTGF can take advantage of their free passes to the 2018 NAMM show at the Anaheim Convention Center. See the instructions below and your November issue of the PTG Journal for details. You must make your badge reservation by January 4 if you want to attend.
The LA Chapter was blessed again with the luxury of holding our annual holiday bash at Precision Piano Services in North Hollywood. For the seventh year in a row, our incredibly generous and accommodating hosts, Franco and Johanna Skilan, opened both the shop and their home to us for an evening of unruly good friendship, delicious food and numerous desserts. And, once again, David Weaver brought in his jazz band (Gordon Bash, bass, Steve Kefalas, percussion, Steve Welch, piano, Mark Schmidt, vibes and David Weaver, guitar) that filled the entire evening with standards, holiday traditions and the occasional guest vocals from chapter members like Brooks Taylor, who was in true Willie Nelson form, and Mark Greison, who did a very special holiday tribute to a poor spinet.
Wishing everyone a safe, healthy and prosperous new year.
To register for a free NAMM pass, you must be a current PTG Member. You will need a digital version of your PTG membership or business card, or another document establishing your professional credentials as a piano technician and PTG Member.
TO REGISTER AS A PTG MEMBER, FOLLOW THIS LINK:
1. Under New Registration, click on the blue "Begin Registration" button.
2. Click "NO" when it asks if you are a NAMM member.
3. Click "NO" when it asks if you qualify for NAMM Membership.
4. Fill out all required information in the form.
5. Under Promo Code enter: PTG2018
6. Complete the required information on the rest of page 1 and click next.
7. Complete the required information on page 2.
8. Establishing Credentials. Once you've uploaded your credentials, hit next and go to page 3 to review your documents. Hit the button to confirm your registration. You'll get an e-mail confirmation of your registration. You'll need that information to get your badge at the show so either print it out or keep it handy on your phone.
If you take advantage of this offer, please stop by the PTG Booth and say hello. They will be on the third floor with the rest of the piano exhibitors in Lounge 88.